RE: ORA-27146: post/wait initialization failed

From: <arul.kumar_at_bt.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:01:43 -0000

I think you should consider increasing semmsl. Pl. refer below the = guidelines which I took sometime back from Metalink.

Thanks,
Arul.

Common Unix Kernel Parameter Definitions=20

The following Kernel Parameters tend to be generic across most Unix = platforms. However, their names may be different on your platform. = Consult your Installation and Configuration Guide (ICG) for the exact = names.=20

maxfiles - Soft file limit per process.=20 maxuprc - Maximum number of simultaneous user processes per userid.=20 nfile - Maximum number of simultaneously open files systemwide at any = given time.=20
nproc - Maximum number of processes that can exist simultaneously in the = system.=20

shmmax - The maximum size(in bytes) of a single shared memory segment.=20
shmmin - The minimum size(in bytes) of a single shared memory segment.=20
shmmni - The number of shared memory identifiers.=20
shmseg - The maximum number of shared memory segments that can be =
attached by a process.=20
semmns - The number of semaphores in the system.=20 semmni - The number of semaphore set identifiers in the system; = determines the number of semaphore sets that can be created at any one = time.=20

**semmsl - The maximum number of sempahores that can be in one semaphore = set. **It should be same size as maximum number of Oracle processes. **