RE: Limitations of MSSQL Server Vs. Oracle OR simply otherwise limitations in general - OT

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:37:40 -0500

  doubt that Oracle lowered the price on it's RDBMS for mid to small sized shops simply because of SQL*Server. Face it an open source system of PostGreSQL or MySql is cheaper than SQL*Server. No Oracle's Platinum price is too expensive for a lot of people, which is why they cut the price tag. Problem is that they didn't cut it enough.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA