RE: Limitations of MSSQL Server Vs. Oracle OR simply otherwise limitations in general - OT

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:55:51 +0000

There appear to be some very large OLTPs running sql server. Someone posted a link to a list of the largest databases in the world and several of them run on SQL Server. I have not used it, but I have been told it improved alot in the last two years. This might explain why oracle is lowering the prices for small to mid-level shops that threaten to go to sql server...