Ora 1555 on a readonly tablespace

From: <KATHERINE_KAYLOR_at_rsausa.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:19:18 -0500

I'm trying to CTAS a large table into another database and it's failing with 'Snapshot too old'. The source table is located in a readonly tablespace so I'm certain there are no changes occurring while the create table is running and I've used CTAS to copy over smaller tables from the databases with no problems. The destination table is created as a paritioned/subpartitioned table with nologging (or would if it completed) and both databases are 9.2.0.5 using AUM. I've turned on tracing, but the copy takes a long time to complete so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how this could happen.

Thanks

Katherine Kaylor
Royal & SunAlliance

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission (including attachments) contains information that may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. Unless you are the intended recipient of the message (or authorized to receive it for the intended recipient) you may not copy, forward, or otherwise use it, or disclose it or its contents to anyone. If you received this transmission in error please notify us immediately, permanently delete the transmission(including attachments) from your system, and destroy all hard copies. Thank you.

Email: security_usa_at_rsausa.com