RE: Ref cursor length limit...

From: Stephens, Chris <ChrisStephens_at_pqa.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:23:20 -0500

Yeah, I was thinking about this last night. We actually did try using = pl/sql tables to prevent all the parses earlier but were getting = horrible execution plans. I seem to remember an 'inlist pickler =

fetcher' operation or something to that affect. ...basically it executes =
the entire query as if the in list did not exist and then applies the in =
list filter in the final step of the plan regardless of how selective it =
is.

So there are hints to possible get the optimize to use the in list = filters earlier?=20