Re: [OT] HOWTO's of messing up Linux cluster?

From: Mike Killough <mwkillough_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:57:02 -0600

Right. It probably isn't Linux at all, but a poorly designed application that can't work on RAC. I once saw an application that got worse performance when moved to RAC. The cache fusion waits were the big problem because they would do things like, insert a row, immediately select the row, update the row that was inserted, then query it again. This was very high volume and with no node affinity. The data blocks would thrash back and forth between the 2 nodes.

Mike