Re: Linux ps command

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:45:58 +0000

Try using your own ps command ala Perl with the Proc::ProcessTable module. I may have posted an example here earlier this week.

Jared

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 03:30:52 -0800 (PST), Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi List,

>=20
> If I run "ps" on Solaris or on SuSE Linux 7.2 I see the Oracle background=
 processes under the command heading containing the SID, eg. "ora_smon_MYSI=
D" or "oracleMYSID (LOCAL=3DNO)".  If I do the same under SuSE Linux 8.2 I =
just get "[oracle]", no process name and no SID.
>=20

> I know I can cross-reference process id's with V$PROCESS but it's a lot e= asier if this information is already in ps. Is there some way to get SuSE = 8.2 to behave like 7.2 (or Solaris) in this regard?
>=20
> Thanks
> - Charlotte

>=20
>=20
>  Meet the all-new My Yahoo! =E2=80=93 Try it today!

>=20

>=20

--=20
Jared Still