Re: Re: linux system load

From: biti_rainy <biti_rainy_at_itpub.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:58:21 -0500 (EST)

hi,Mladen Gogala

  thanks for your repply.

i do not do many statspack snapshot frequencly , the job is

what => statspack.snap;
interval => trunc(sysdate) + decode(to_char(sysdate,'hh24'),8,9.5,9,10.5,10,15,15,16,16,17,17,23,32.5)/24

i check the statspack report , system load ,cpu load,io,net,swap from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM every day, and i checked more than 30 days.about scatter 10 days's load-1 are out of ways ,but the statspack reports show nothing. all the loadprofile , top 5 event ,cpu time,top sqls,eplasd time ... are almost the same . and at that time (from 8:30 am to 9:30 AM) i check active session and the runing sql ,i find nothing special. so i am puzzle.

    we are using mrtg to monitoring the os and db stat with web chart. i use both sar and top, from top output , about 15 process's cpu% are close to 1.5%, the other days this may be close to 1% . may be this is the point, but the statspack reports show that the cpu_time , eplasd time ,wait time ,executions are the same.only the system load(load-1 / load-5 /load-15) is strange.

Best regards

msn: biti_rainy_at_hotmail.com
a dba from alibaba(china)