RE: [OT] HOWTO's of messing up Linux cluster?

From: Branimir Petrovic <BranimirP_at_cpas.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:14:11 -0500

> Not enough info to even hazard a guess.

I was afraid that would be the answer.

I do not suspect malice but some kind of easy to make - easy to overlook mistake. Is there such a thing on Linux? Would it be easy not to configure file system for asynch operation, or force the network adapter to split packets to ridiculously small values, or to do something with kernel start up parameters to assure horrid performance (not being Linux "enlightened" I have difficulty guessing how easy is to make configuration mistake that would have such serious consequences)...

> I would suggest a level 8 trace is in order.

Will try to get the "other side" to cooperate on this.