RE: Oracle heterogeneous services - Experiences anyone?

From: Duret, Kathy <kduret_at_starkinvestments.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:28:08 -0600

If you so a search on the archives for Oracle -l you will see my woes.....

I would open two connections instead of going down this route instead IF your SQL Server isn't very reliable..... We have actually staled and brought down our Oracle doing this. BUT our sql server app is not stable.
Try to push stuff via DTS or sqlldr as well.

We paid 8.000 for data direct drivers to do this and I am happy to say we are off of this in less than one year.

We also experience memory leaks. If a connection hangs between the two, kill it off on the sql server end.

As you see .... I am not a fan.

My 3 cents worth.

Kathy