RE: Linux ps command

From: Eric Buddelmeijer <Eric.Buddelmeijer_at_elegant.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:41:27 +0100

ps -fu oracle
or
ps -ef|grep oracle

Does the trick for me.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----

Van: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] Namens Charlotte Hammond
Verzonden: vrijdag 19 november 2004 12:31 Aan: ORACLE-L
Onderwerp: Linux ps command

Hi List,

If I run "ps" on Solaris or on SuSE Linux 7.2 I see the Oracle background processes under the command heading containing the SID, eg. "ora_smon_MYSID" or "oracleMYSID (LOCAL=NO)". If I do the same under SuSE Linux 8.2 I just get "[oracle]", no process name and no SID.

I know I can cross-reference process id's with V$PROCESS but it's a lot easier if this information is already in ps. Is there some way to get SuSE 8.2 to behave like 7.2 (or Solaris) in this regard?

Thanks
- Charlotte

Do you Yahoo!?

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Nov 19 2004 - 07:42:20 CST