RE: Datafile info.

From: Leonard, George <GLeonard_at_wesbank.co.za>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:58:46 +0200

Datafiles names are actually stored in the exact format it was specified in (case/format of file on file system), very important on unix environments where filename can be exactly the same except for the Case.

If I am not wrong on NT it actually uppercases the file where on unix it is left as specified.

George

George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
New Dawn Technologies @ Wesbank
E-mail:gleonard_at_wesbank.co.za
=20
You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a Person
You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity! Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk, Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit! =20