RE: Problem adding a join to a hierarchial query

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:00:27 -0500

Try this (get "root" in in-line view and use to join with provider table):

select p.provider_id, pc.provider_contract_status_id, pc.prev_prov_contract_status_id from
(select CONNECT_BY_ROOT root

	   provider_contract_status_id curr_id,
          prev_prov_contract_status_id prev_id,
          from provider_contract_status

start with provider_contract_status_id in (select provider_contract_status_id from provider) connect by prior prev_prov_contract_status_id =
provider_contract_status_id) pc, provider p where p.provider_contract_status_id = pc.root;

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com