RE: [Q] How many days to setup RMAN on UNIX server?

From: Freeman Robert - IL <FREEMANR_at_tusc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:33:27 -0600

Step 2 dosen't jive with what you are wanting to do. Since you are not using any external vendor products, there is nothing to relink.

While 2 days to setup RMAN is easy (1 day is enough for one database and backups to disk if everyting is in place!), an extra couple of days to test everything isn't a bad idea either. You should do at least one backup/recovery test. How long this takes depends on a number of factors.

MOYMMV, Robert
Author: Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery