RE: Average size of reads from online redo logs by ARCH process

From: McCartney, Bruce <BMcCartney_at_talisman-energy.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:59:56 -0700

Alex,
you could strace the arch process to get detailed numbers. The read = size is dependent on the underlying file system setup (i.e. raw devices, = veritas file system or unix/windows file system). There is not direct = relationship to the buffer_size for read (or write). check out steve = adams site for some detailed info on redo i/o = http://www.ixora.com.au/notes/

just curious, why do you care about the *read* size? the average = *write* size can be calculated from :

select value from v$sysstat where name=3D'redo blocks written'; /
select value from v$sysstat where name=3D'redo writes';

a log block size is os dependent as shown in = http://www.ixora.com.au/notes/log_block_size.htm