RE: Drop user fails with ORA-01418

From: William B Ferguson <wbfergus_at_usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:25:19 -0700

Hmmm... Well, at least it's verified now that the problem is with something in the recycle bin (or at least Oracle is thinking there's = still
an object in the recycle bin.

You'll probably wind up having to issue a TAR.

Depending on your environment though, you may be able to try disabling = the
flashback area, bouncing the database and doing your drops, then = enabling
the flashabck area again and re-bouncing the database. I've done it a = few
times while I was trying to get my storage space allotments figured out for the flashback area and it wasn't clearing out the old stuff when I thought it should and the space filled up (and therefore stopped the database). It's a few steps that I can't remember right off hand, but I can find them easily enough if you want to try it (or are able to).=20

Bill Ferguson
U.S. Geological Survey - Minerals Information Team PO Box 25046, MS-750
Denver, Colorado 80225
Voice (303)236-8747 ext. 321 Fax (303)236-4208

~ Think on a grand scale, start to implement on a small scale ~

From: William B Ferguson [mailto:wbfergus_at_usgs.gov] Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 11:06 AM To: chadi_at_myvirtualmodel.com; thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Chadi,

The BIN$... Object is a dropped trigger (it appears to be anyway), that = is
in the recycle bin, and apparently the drop user statement seems to be having trouble deleting the user with an associated object in the = recycle
bin.

To try and get around it, try going the web-enable enterprise manager, = the
administration page, then Tables (or actaully any object), filter for = the
owner of the object, the the recycle bin button appears. Or, from the = sql
prompt, you can do a "purge dba_recyclebin;" (to empty the recycle bin = for
all users, or connect as the user and issue a "purge recyclebin;".

I think this will get around the problem you are experiencing.

From: Chadi Kassan [mailto:chadi_at_myvirtualmodel.com]=20 Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:01 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Drop user fails with ORA-01418

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure, many had run into this problem before and can provide some help. When I try to drop one of my user, I get the following:

SQL> drop user theuser cascade;

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01418: specified index does not exist

What index it's talking about, metalink says this is related to some = data
corruption in data dictionnary, but doesn't provide a solution.

We run Oracle Database 10g Release 10.1.0.3.0 on Linux.

Thank you.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Nov 16 2004 - 10:56:59 CST