RE: Drop user fails with ORA-01418

From: Chadi Kassan <chadi_at_myvirtualmodel.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:31:58 -0500

Actually, this is my problem. I couldn't drop some objects in the user, so i decided to rebuild the user and still stuck with this:

the trace is shwoning that some trigger is causing the ora600:

ksedmp: internal or fatal error
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [15239], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
Current SQL statement for this session:
drop trigger "CHADI"."BIN$5/+ZaDjf/yjgMIEKQwE88g==$0"

Chadi.

From: Chadi Kassan [mailto:chadi_at_myvirtualmodel.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:01 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Drop user fails with ORA-01418

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure, many had run into this problem before and can provide some help. When I try to drop one of my user, I get the following:

SQL> drop user theuser cascade;

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01418: specified index does not exist

What index it's talking about, metalink says this is related to some data corruption in data dictionnary, but doesn't provide a solution.

We run Oracle Database 10g Release 10.1.0.3.0 on Linux.

Thank you.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Nov 16 2004 - 09:51:29 CST