Re: statspack

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:41:03 +0000

April, statspack has problems with large numbers, that is a well known =20 fact.Try running it every 10 minutes, on the level 9. You will no =20 longer have problems with the numbers. You will have problems with =20 STATSPACK itself.
Second, try putting /*+ APPEND */ into your inserts, I believe it might reduce the number of undo block written. Third, create tables as =20 "nologging", which works in conjunction with the direct load ("append" =20 hint)

On 11/15/2004 09:27:59 AM, aj wells wrote:
> Okay... more creativity...

>=20

> I have a multi TB database (9.2.0.4) that is pulling statspack stats
> every hour.
> For the first hundred hours of the massive load into these tables, =20
> the
> statspack report shows HUGE undo bytes written (which I would expect)
> excpet they are negative numbers. negative 3 billion, negative 2
> billion... with trans table gets along the same lines (negative
> millions), wraps, shrinks and extends are all negative.... even when
> the undo bytes written are positive, the others are all negative.
>=20
> Huh?

--=20
Mladen Gogala