RE: Should Be Simple Right

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:29:32 -0600

I am writing a package that adds a bunch of instrumentation to existing PL/SQL packages. There is no real debugging in this app so one thing it will do is replace all the existing DBMS_OUTPUT calls with a new call which sends the info to a text file. This will allow developers/qa to debug a bit easier. In VB the default behavior for replace is to ignore case. I guess before I resort to perl I will just do it the quick/dirty way which is to run replace for "DBMS_OUTPUT...,dbms_output...,etc..." That will catch 90% of them.