RE: MEMORY LEAKAGE ON AIX5L

From: Gogala, Mladen <Mladen.Gogala_at_aetn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:56:38 -0500

Lemme guess:the filesystemio_options instance parameter is not set or is set to async only? Well, my dear fellas, you're enjoying the full benefits of
the dynamic Unix buffer cache. If you are using JFS (and I would be really surprised if you used something else, like NTFS or VFAT), then there is a way of
making Oracle bypass the buffer cache and do I/O directly from the file to user buffer (in this case called "SGA"). You will lose the benefits of file system prefetch, but you will reclaim copious amounts of memory. If you set filesystemio_options to "setall" and restart the instance, your RAM will suddenly free up to do the really important stuff: xTrek, BattleZone and DoomII. Anyway, run svmon and see what's going on.

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network