single node 10g RAC - CRS install problems

From: <sean.hull_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:42:54 -0500 (EST)

Hi all...

It's been awhile since I've posted to Oracle-L. I've been lurking only. However, I haven't seen discussions of this, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Has anyone tried to setup single node 10g RAC per the note 166830.1? This note describes how to setup 9iRAC on a Linux box, with just a single node. Two instances running on the same machine, using virtual network interfaces. Cluster Manager effectively talks to itself to get this to work.

I'm trying to do so on 10g. Has anyone done this? I have one init.evmd process, 3 init.cssd processes, and one init.crsd process running. Note 259301.1 describes how to add nodes to CRS, however it uses the svrctl utility which is not installed. Is this part of the 10g db install? I've only done the CRS install at this point.

If anyone has experience in these areas. Love to exchange notes, and discuss what does and does not work.

Thanks in advance.
Sean

--

Sean Hull, Senior Consultant
Heavyweight Internet Group

Sean Hull, founder and senior consultant of Heavyweight Internet Group is the author of O'Reilly and Associates "Oracle and Open Source" bridging Open Source software and integration with the world's best performing database, Oracle. http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracleopen/

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Nov 12 2004 - 08:39:41 CST