RE: Changing the spfile on 9.2.0.3

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:15:45 -0500

Leonard is correct. Startup with "Startup pfile=3D'<your new = init.ora>'"
then you can create the spfile & restart using that file.=20

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of David Sharples Sent: 11 November 2004 11:43 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

If you already have an spfile you cant create another one.

You can delete the old one of you wish and re-create it like that.

If you didnt know you can change any parameters with alter system set <parameter> =3D3D <value> scope =3D3D spfile;

Dont have to keep creating a new one

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:40:55 +0200, Denham Eva <evad_at_tfmc.co.za> wrote:
> Hello Folks

>=3D20

> I am trying to "update"/"change" the spfile with the edited init.ora
> file under pfile in admin.
>=3D20

> I start the database startup mount;
>=3D20

> Then use the
>=3D20

> CREATE SPFILE FROM PFILE=3D3D'PATH\TO\INIT\PFILE\INIT.ORA';
>=3D20

> But Oracle complains that the spfile is already in use.
>=3D20

> Must I use a different name ie change the name of spfile? OR can I
> update/alter spfile?
>=3D20

> OR is there something with the method?
>=3D20

> TIA
>=3D20

> Denham
>=3D20

_=3D
__________________________

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of
=3D
the author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group an Authorised Financial Service Provider
o=3D
r its management.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely
for=3D
=3D20the addressee.
Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
distribut=3D
ion or any action taken or=3D20
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and
integrit=3D
y of information and data=3D20
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof,
n=3D
o liability or=3D20
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for
what=3D
ever reason, corrupted=3D20
or does not reach its intended destination.