Re: Index rebuilding

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 05:09:56 -0700

I suppose you analyze religiously between the date you rebuilt the index and the date the CBO decides not to use the index anymore? Provided this assumption is correct, then a) can you post the evolution of the statistics (table, index and all relevant columns, i.e. columns appearing in predicates) b) what happens if you DON"T analyze after having rebuilt the index? Does the CBO still switch to a full scan after a few days?

At 03:45 AM 11/12/2004, Steve Jelfs wrote:
>What happens is that we build the index and queries use the
>index. Then, after a couple of days the CBO reverts to full table
>scans/. Re-analysing the table and index does not change anything but
>re-building the index does.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation