RE: Changing the spfile on 9.2.0.3

From: Guang Mei <gmei_at_incyte.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:25:35 -0500

I think Oracle uses spfile as default when the instance starts. You could probably do something like

  1. Shutdown DB
  2. Move the spfile to another temp directory
  3. Edit your "init.ora"
  4. Start DB (which will use init.ora)
  5. run CREATE SPFILE FROM PFILE.. command
  6. Shutdown DB
  7. Start DB again (this time it will use spfile by default)

But my question is why going through this process? I am not using spfile for my 9i DB. I am still using init.ora text file and it works fine.

Hope this helps.

Guang