RE: rman incremental backups vs. full backups

From: Stephens, Chris <ChrisStephens_at_pqa.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:53:33 -0500

I believe Arup Nanda has an article about some of the 10g Rman features. One that is pertinent here is that you can actually merge and incremental backup into a previous full backup ...that's not during recovery but effectively creating a full-more-recent backup set that you can then use to restore and recover. It sounded VERY kewl.

...of coarse it's entirely possible that I misunderstood what Arup was saying.=20