RE: Rman Locking

From: Hallas, John, Tech Dev <John.Hallas_at_gb.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:52:58 -0000

Yes it would help.
After every backup we run 2 scripts, one to delete expired backups and = the other to restore a controlfile to /tmp to prove the validity of the = backup.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Spears, Brian Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 4:35 PM To: Oracle-L (E-mail)
Subject: Rman Locking

Anybody ever run into a resync catalog while backing up archive logs =3D causing problems. It is happening once a week randomly. What happens is =3D deadlock on chp table and of course all other Rman stuff is held up. It seems to =3D be this one small rarely used database. The way we solve it is to go out =3D and kill the process on unix and everything is freed up.
I would like to say that the network is burping or something and disconnecting the process ..but its on the same database all the time.

Brian

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS
NOTE: This message was auto-learned as non-spam.  If this is wrong,
please correct the training as soon as possible.
Spam:
https://dohsmsi01.doh.state.fl.us/canit/b.php?c=3Ds&i=3D15353270&m=3Da3e5=
cf3f5
252