Re: rman incremental backups vs. full backups

From: mhthomas <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:04:23 -0500

Note inline.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:23:39 -0500, Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_cendant-trg.com> wrote:
> Hi Ryan,=20
>
> Here at Cendant we just implemented rman + netbackup, all on Windows.
> The full backup over the San (not over the network) for a terabyte-sized
> database went from taking nearly 20 hours to 2.5. Awesome. With that
> kind of backup time, we back it up in it's entirety every night. =20
>
> Lisa

Sounds good. But, my friend just mentioned to me that his SA is unable to recover large files from the SAN via netbackup, and the SA does not understand what is wrong with the SAN. The SAN vendor is very well known. Therefore, before I believe everything about netbackup, I'd test large file restores for sure. :-)

Regards,

Mike