RE: How to invoke Oracle clean up process to remove INACTIVE sessions?

From: <arul.kumar_at_bt.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:05:44 -0000

All,

Thanks a lot for all your inputs, will try some of the solutions soon = and get back to you.

Regards,
Arul.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Egor Starostin Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 8:54 AM To: arul.kumar_at_bt.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Arul,

> By any chance can we control this "auto-cleanup" timing and bring it =
down
to around 30 minutes or so. Every INACTIVE session after 30 minutes, = should
be killed? Please let me know your views on the same.

If you are in dedicated server environment then for the first step do the following:
alter system set resource_limit=3Dtrue;
create profile only30minutes_of_inactivity limit idle_time 30;
alter user <username> profile only30minutes_of_inactivity;

For the next step, read Note:96170.1 on metalink which provides you the shell script for killing sniped (sessions with exeeded idle_time limit) sessions. You have to run this script by cron.

Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/
Free Oracle Session Resource Profiler