Re: Advanced Queueing

From: aj wells <awellsdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:20:06 -0600

Don't know a whole lot honestly. We were going to try to impliment at my last job because "we" throught they were totally cool and good for something ("we" were into really cool even if not practial or applicable). THIS situation, I think it will help, but I really want to prove out whether it will or not with a production load.

Will go look at the Feuerstein book... just because it is Oracle8 doesn's mean it isn't still applicable.

Read the note (that is why I want to do load tests and dink around with stripe sizes)

There are indexes that can be built (if I am reading what I DID find correctly) to help with the enqueues and the dequeues, so the 'feature' might be fixed in 9i.

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to test out with one broker at first, and add an additional broker or two to help with the processing.

Thank you... it helps
aj