RMAN KEEP

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:50:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi List,

I'm looking for some clarrification on the following RMAN problem. I want to keep point-in-time backups of a database for a long(-ish) time.

If I do KEEP LOGS, then I end up keeping all the redo logs since the backup until the current time, which isn't what I want - I just want enough to recover to the end of the backup.

If I do KEEP NOLOGS then I have to do a cold backup, which I can't easily do.

Am I mis-understanding? Or is there another way to acheive what I want?

Thanks for any help,
- Charlotte

Do you Yahoo!?