Changing Control Files

From: Burton, Laura <BurtonL_at_frmaint.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:09:12 -0600

        I am trying to transfer a database from one server to another and I want to delete 2 of the three control files before doing so. In earlier versions I would just go into the init.ora file and take out the references. However, I am in 9.2 going through the Enterprise Manager and cannot figure out how to do this. I found where you can edit the parameter list and that the user must be on as sysdba. I can even update different parameters, but not the control file. It just highlights the field but won't let me change it.

        Does anyone know of a way to do this?

        Thank you in advance,

        Laura