Asking for trouble

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:39:53 +0000

All

I've been approached to write an article on managing Oracle on the Windows platform. In at least an attempt to make it somewhat relevant to the Oracle community I thought I'd ask here for a list of the sorts of things that you folks think should appear in such an article. Obviously I reserve the right to listen carefully and then do what I want anyway :) but it seems to me that there is far too much to cover in what will probably be between 750 and 1500 words, and so selective culling based on usefulness to the reader will be required. If you could try and send responses offline that would help avoid clogging the list with stuff better targeted at just me.

What would also be useful would be an indication of your background. I have 2 completely different target audiences that I believe such an article would be helpful for. The Unix guy with a Microsoft platform dumped on them by management (wether willingly or not) and the Microsoft guy who finds there is this strange new beast called Oracle in the shop and you can't do the clicky clicky thing.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Nov 08 2004 - 03:35:49 CST