Re: freelists

From: <Graeme.Farmer_at_mincom.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:24:38 +1000

Thanks for the correction Tanel.
Graeme

oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org wrote on 06/11/2004 08:25:33 AM:

> > The hash function in this case is based on the session id of the
> > connecting user. (mod(SID,FREELISTS)+1).
> >
> > eg SID=10, FREELISTS=3, HASH = mod(10,3)+1 = 1+1 = 2
> I believe the hash function is applied to Oracle PID, not SID. This
> should be in docs as well.
>
> Tanel.

This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete the transmission. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.