Re: x$kghlu, Steve's shared_pool_lru_stats

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:08:50 +0200

Hi!
If your shared pool is split to several separate areas protected by separate shared pool child latches, then every shared pool area has its own LRU lists, thus x$kghlu reports a row for each of them.

Multiple shared pool areas feature is available from 9i - _kghdsidx_count parameter controls how many shared pool areas/child latches are used (max is 7).

Also, if java pool is defined, x$kghlu reports one additional row in 10g, maybe in 9i as well, I haven't checked (probably because java pool memory is managed by the same KGH module which handles shared pool).

Tanel.