Windows client

From: LeRoy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 13:52:55 -0600

I have read many articles and forums on the Security Alert #68. I have applied my patches to the server, 9.2.0.5 on aix 5.1. My last concern is about the clients - Oracle recommends we patch the clients as well. There is no way to mass update all the clients at once. We would need to visit each machine - we are talking 100's of machines. My questions is - Do we need to? If the server is patched, what vulnerabilites would there be from the client? How are the rest of you handling this? I am leaning towards not updating the clients.

LeRoy