Oracle Characters sets/language support

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:05:42 -0500

All,
We have just been informed that we may need to support the Russian, Chinese and Haitian Creole languages in our database (as well as American English). I started looking at the Oracle docs and will continue to do so. The only think I found so far is maybe using a universal character set (AL32UTF8). Does this make sense? Am I way off base? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional