Re: Convert Blob to Bfile

From: aj wells <awellsdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 07:22:22 -0600

Okay, not sure of exactly what I'm looking for... but I can't find it, anyway.

I need to find documentation on how to convert a blob data string to a bfile. I don't THINK it can be done on existing data, I think the data would have to be reloaded from the source... but I'm not sure.

IS this the case?

We are looking at RAC and if (and by way of yesterday's ASM RAC thread I assume it is) the only way to do RAC is for ASM to be on all nodes... and if ASM does not support out of line LOBs, then I need to find a way to convert existing LOBs to BFILES or I need to justify reloading TB of data into a redefined structure.

Any suggestions on where to look for docs on how to maybe do this?

we are, currently, 9i on Linux.

Thanks in advance for any advice
April