RE: daylight saving -> global database

From: STEVE OLLIG <sollig_at_lifetouch.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:10:52 -0600

Glen -=20

you don't mention the platform, but on unix you can slowly adjust the = system
clock (forward or back) using date -a. with this approach 1:30AM = should
only happen once if that's the problem you need to avoid. can't tell = if
that's the concern or not.

this might be stating the obvious - but why not store the data using a relative time that does not fluctuate strangely twice a year? avoid = the
problem.

that said - i once worked with an application where out of order = timestamps
would have been disastrous. the timestamps were localtime. the = solution
there was to shut the application down for a couple hours each fall to = let
all the messed up time between 1am and 2am go by un-noticed ;) AFAIK = they
still do that. apps like this do happen...