RE: Join cardinality and query tuning.

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 01:18:54 -0800

Can you run a 10053 event trace and post the trace? It will show all the statistics and values the optimizer uses to calculate the join cardinality. Maybe that will shed some light on the "mystery". I have seen many cases where the CBO's join selectivity calculation is different from the formula you use, which you got from my paper and which I got from a metalink note.

--
regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle 7,8,8i,9i OCP DBA