Re: datafile size

From: David Sharples <davidsharples_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 22:02:25 +0000

there really is no practical limit for datafile sizes. The argrument of no more than 2Gb is crass at best.

however you dont mention version but recovery is a consideration - do you want to recover a 4gb file or a 20 gb file? (this if you arent doing a full database restore).

So up to you what you want keep it is, if you want to increase a file to stop the db from being bounced - i say go for it.

I have used 17Gb datafiles before quite happily with no troubles