RE: Block & Cache, Tuning

From: Hallas, John, Tech Dev <John.Hallas_at_gb.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:12:55 -0000

You don't in 9i

The FAST_START_IO_TARGET initialization parameter is used to specify the = maximum number of dirty blocks in the buffer cache.=20 Its use has been deprecated in favour of the FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET. (it = is only there to be backward compatible)

In addition the DB_BLOCK_MAX_DIRTY_TARGET parameter has been removed

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Sinardy Xing Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 8:30 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Block & Cache, Tuning

Hi all,
=20

Why Oracle introduce FAST_START_IO_TARGET and DB_BLOCK_MAX_DIRTY_TARGET, = how we use these both parameters together?
=20
=20
=20

Sinardy
=20
=20

This is new topic, Previously I was so blur reading wrong chapter of my = document. :)