RE: More processors and Memory added to the server. What config changes are required

From: Ellis R. Miller <sartre1_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:16:27 -0600

I would highly recommend utilizing the additional memory and CPUs...then post a more specific question regarding the reasons behind the upgrade i.e. what the upgrade was supposed to fix/improve with regard to specific performance issues along with a few details regarding regarding the version of Oracle, the OS, hardware, number of concurrent users, type of application, etc. might be helpful...don't tell us too much, however, I don't want you to just give it away. Maybe post an additional detail periodically, say every 24 hours or so, and tell us if we are getting warmer.

Absent those details I would have to stand by my original recommendation of utilizing the additional memory and CPUs and I am fairly confident even the most prominent members of the Oracle DBA community would concur. And if it hurts when you move your arm "like that" then stop doing that.

Ellis