Re: Oracle SAN implementation

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:07:45 -0500 (EST)

Bryan,

OFA is applicable for all platforms supported by Oracle (i.e. Unix, Windows, OpenVMS, MVS, etc), but it only governs things from the level of the file-system and above. Thus, OFA applies whether your storage is mounted on SAN (storage area network), NAS (network-attached storage), DAS (direct-attached storage), HFS (hierarchical file-system), or any other type of storage media.

Hope this helps...

-Tim