Re: ORA-600 [12235]

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:06:02 -0500 (EST)

This indeed is someone simply typing "oracle" at the OS prompt.

Consider a clump of stem cells thrown together with no instructions (i.e. no parameters) on what to become? Certainly, if one is capable of doing absolutely anything, one needs at least some direction?

...where was I???? Oh yeah...

As with stem cells, so too the multi-talented Oracle executable, which can assume any of the dozens of identities in a database instance, given any or some meaningful parameters.

Else, it just ends up as a mess in the "alert.log"...