Re: tracing makes the sql run faster

From: <Prasada.Gunda_at_hartfordlife.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:19:39 -0500

All the tables and indexes are analyzed. Only difference is, if trace is on, it runs faster. if trace is off, it runs slower.

I set up the trace on/off thru logon/logoff trigger for that application user till the problem is resolved. I am cleaning up the udump directory using a script.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Prasad
860 843 8377

                      ryan_gaffuri_at_comc
                      ast.net                  To:       Prasada.Gunda_at_hartfordlife.com, oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                                               cc:
                      11/01/2004 03:52         Subject:  Re: tracing makes the sql run faster
                      PM

when tables are not analyzed or your stats are old, the moon can make queries run at different speeds. thats usually what does it. reanalyzed the tables.