RE: Bill Gates at OracleWorld???

From: Gogala, Mladen <Mladen.Gogala_at_aetn.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:11:37 -0400

Putting Linux on people's desktops means to make a serious disservice to the Linux movement. There is an old saying that if there was a program that any idiot can use, only idiots would use it. Windoze comes as close as possible to that definition and I would like it to stay that way. I hate KDE, GNOME 2.6, 3D Nautilus and alike. Believe it or not, I replaced GDM by XDM and I use the good, old mwm instead of "desktop environment". Writing a menu is not a problem after only one look to system.mwmrc. I don't have icons on the background, I don't have [EXPLETIVE DELETED BY MORAL MAJORITY] task panel and similar stuff. I like my Linux rare, without the freedom fries.

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network