RE: 8i Standby Media Corrupt Blocks

From: <JApplewhite_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:02:13 -0500

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark. I finally tried to use LogMiner, since my database trigger (trapping various DDL) has not uncovererd a NOLOGGING statement.

However, our Production Student Info. System database has 65,000 tables and about 90,000 indexes - as I said, it's a 3rd Party COTS app, not what we would design. It took almost an hour to build the LogMiner Dictionary file, which is 280MB. When I try to add even the smallest archived redo log and start a LogMiner session, it fails with ORA-04030, not enough process memory. It must be that huge Dictionary file.

I know I can use LogMiner without the Dictionary, but how would I query v$LogMnr_Contents?

Only "regular" tables and indexes are in the tablespace in question.

Our online and archived redo logs are on direct-attached SAN, not NFS. Many, if not most, of the archived redo logs transfer and are "digested" by the Standby just fine.

Any suggestions? Anyone?

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin (Texas) Independent School District 512.414.9715 (wk)
512.935.5929 (pager)

   May have come a long way, but we got a long way to go.