Re: 8i Standby Media Corrupt Blocks

From: <JApplewhite_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:34:25 -0500

That would be good if this were a 9i database, but it's not an option for 8i. It's not in the docs and fails when issued, so it wasn't back-ported to 8.1.7.4.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind for when we upgrade - if the vendor's code becomes less stupid and allows us to upgrade.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin (Texas) Independent School District 512.414.9715 (wk)
512.935.5929 (pager)

   May have come a long way, but we got a long way to go.

Andy Rivenes <arivenes_at_llnl.gov>
10/28/2004 10:27 AM
Please respond to arivenes

        To:     JApplewhite_at_austin.isd.tenet.edu, oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: 8i Standby Media Corrupt Blocks

Don't know if your corruption is related to NOLOGGING or not, but as part of the standby setup you should have run the following command on the primary database:

SQL> ALTER DATABASE FORCE LOGGING; That should eliminate that problem if it exists.

Andy Rivenes
Email: arivenes_at_llnl.gov

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Oct 29 2004 - 10:30:54 CDT