Re[2]: That crazy CBO.....

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:16:33 -0400

Wednesday, October 27, 2004, 4:57:01 PM, Bobak, Mark (Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com) wrote: BM> AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH! BM> Bitten by AUTOTRACE again! It LIED to me!

<snippage>

BM> Ok, ok, I should know better by now, AUTOTRACE CANNOT BE TRUSTED!!

BM> It should be removed from the database! It's too tempting, due to ease BM> of use! =20

I'd argue that Oracle should fix it. One shouldn't have to bother with something as cumbersome as 10046 trace just to see an execution plan. I don't even like having to query the plan table (or use dbms_xplan) from SQL*Plus. The front end should do all that crud for me. Just MHO.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com