RE: write to alert log

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:36:36 -0400

Use:

dbms_system.KSDWRT(2, ...)

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Beckstrom Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:26 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; ORACLE-L_at_IC.SUNYSB.EDU; oracledba_at_LazyDBA.com; oracle-rdbms_at_yahoogroups.com Subject: write to alert log

In the back of my mind I recall that it is possible to write to the alert.log from procedure, but can not recall how. What do I execute to do this?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 28 2004 - 11:42:13 CDT